ABOUT EMBRACE HER LEGACY
Embrace Her Legacy empowers, educates and inspires millennial women and girls to births dreams, be whole and achieve a legacy of purpose and success. We offer co-curricular and education programs, personal development classes & resources, keynote motivational speeches, tailored events, and community designed to inspire millennial women and girls intentionally build a purpose-driven legacy.
WHAT IS EMBRACE HER LEGACY ACADEMY
Offered under the Embrace Her Legacy framework, our Embrace Her Legacy Academy (formerly the Made to Succeed Academy) is a co-curricular program offered to success-oriented, high-school girls in the New York City area. The curriculum is a learning series whose focal point is the overall well-being, self-empowerment, personal & leadership development and professional success of young women and is offered as a two week immersive and intensive course with targeted self-empowerment and personal development classes.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM & EMBRACE HER LEGACY HIGH-SCHOOL AMBASSADORS
Embrace Her Legacy is offering this program to a distinguished group of young women in our area. Only a select number of students throughout the entire NYC area will be accepted into the program. Accepted students will also gain the opportunity to serve as Embrace Her Legacy High-School Ambassadors.
High school ambassadors are high-school girls who complete the program and possess strong leadership skills to represent Embrace Her Legacy at their respective schools.
Students who successfully complete the Embrace Her Legacy Academy and become Embrace Her Legacy High School Ambassadors gain access to:
- Recommendation letters for college applications, internships & career opportunities from Embrace Her Legacy founder, Maria I. Melendez
- Qualify for an internship with Embrace Her Legacy
- Qualify for a mentorship by Embrace Her Legacy founder and other esteemed, professional women in Embrace Her Legacy network.
- Develop professional relationships with empowered, professional women who are invited as guest speakers to the program
- Complimentary access to all Embrace Her Legacy events (virtual & live events, including our online learning center – Embrace Her Legacy University)
- Access to free and discounted Embrace Her Legacy swag items
Students you’ll get to:
- Learn how to design and build your best life
- Meet women who’ve been through what you’re going thru, we can help you get where you want to go
- How to gain clarity to achieve your education and career goals
- Create your own personal success plan
- Learn financial success techniques
- Enjoy a free space to talk – You’ll get to write down questions and we’ll answer them in a group setting
- Learn how to make your dreams come true
- Meet with girls who are motivated and driven just like you
- Manage your time better
- Learn personal beauty and style tips to embrace professional and individual ized style
- Learn how to be comfortable in your own skin
- How to deal with your personal relationships (yes even boys!)
- Learn how to discover who you are
- Kick fear to the curb
HOW TO APPLY TO THE PROGRAM
Embrace Her Legacy is looking for New York City high-school girls who possess the following criteria to apply for the program:
- Strong academic GPA
- Possesses leadership qualities and potential
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Success and career-driven
- Passionate about women/girl empowerment
- Involved in academic or social organizations
- Previous leadership and teamwork experience a plus
- Ability to work well with others
- Positive attitude
In order to be considered for the program, all interested applicants must complete the application form. Once the applicant submits their application, an Embrace Her Legacy staff member will reach out via email to qualified applicants to set-up a phone interview or request any additional information.
Following the phone interview a final decision of the applicant’s status will be made and she will be notified via email whether she has been accepted to the program. Once accepted into the program, the applicant has (7) days from the date of receiving their acceptance letter to provide the entire tuition payment and the signed parent/guardian consent form in order to secure their spot in the program. The tuition invoice via email and can be paid via debit/credit card or check written out to Embrace Her Legacy.
All accepted applicants, MUST submit our signed Parent/Guardian consent form upon acceptance into the program. The form will be attached to the acceptance email.
Due to the amount of applicants we receive, if the accepted applicant does not submit the payment within the 7-day grace period then the applicant is forfeiting her position in the program.
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS
May 12th, 2017
Please note that we highly encourage students to apply as soon as possible as acceptances are on a first come, first serve basis
Please note that this is a small program, therefore, a very limited amount full-ride scholarships are available which are first-come, first-serve and are merit-based scholarships for high-excelling students with a 90 GPA (3.7) or higher only. Students will have to will have to submit an additional essay and copy of latest report card in order to qualify for a scholarship.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Still have a question? Then no worries feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you within 1-2 business days.